The Wahiduddin's family
1. NM Kamal Ariffin Wahiduddin (Men Section)
2. NWM Nurul Huda Wahiduddin (Women Section)
The Fong's family
|The Fong's family kitbizing the game of NM Lim Zhou Ren-Tan Jun Feng|
1. Fong Yit Ho (Men Section)
2. Fong Yit San (Men Section)
3. NWM Fong Yi Men (Women Section)
The Subramaniam's family
1. Sumant Subramaniam (Men Section)
2. Sarika Subramaniam (Women Section)
The Tan's family
1. Tan Jung Feng (Men Section)
2. NWM Tan Li Ting (Women Section)
The Azman's family
1.WCM Nur Nabila Azman
2.WFM Nur Najiha Azman
The Azhar's family
1. Puteri Rifqah Azhar
2.Puteri Munajjah Azhar
and last but not least - The Addam's family.....
...ok that is a little joke by me...
In this single round robin tournament, the organizer and the arbiter did a wise decision to paired the siblings against each other in round 1. This is to avoid any 'pre-arragement' incident happen if the sibling are paired against each other in later round (especially final round).
The players who is 'without' a family member is clearly the minority in this tournament:-
2.IM Mok Tze Meng
3. IM Jimmy Liew
4.IM Lim Yee Weng
5. NM Lim Zhou Ren
2. Tang Khar Khei
Round 1 of the men section, IM Jimmy Liew beat junior player - Sumant with black. Newly crowned National Champion - Lim Zhou Ren beat Tan Jun Feng. IM Mashafizul took 'two days' to beat NM Kamal Ariffin in a rook endings with a pawn up. Their game start at about 8.15 PM Friday and finish right after midnight. IM Lim Yee Weng found it hard to break The Mokdern Defense against its loyal practitioner - IM Mok Tze Meng. The Fong's sibling - Fong Yit Ho and Fong Yit San draw their game early.
The women section saw Azman's siblings - WFM Nur Najiha and her elder sister WCM Nur Nabila split the points early. However, different scenario occur at Azhar's sibling game - Puteri Rifqah and Puteri Munajjah. Their game is the only game between siblings which produced decisive result . Meanwhile, The Fong's representative in the women section - NWM Fong Mi Yen won against NWM Tan Li Ting. Sarika Subramaniam drew against Tang Khar Khei and Camilia beat the only senior in the section - NWM Nurul Huda.
Sumant Subramaniam-IM Jimmy Liew
SEA Games selection, Round 1, 22.4.2011
White to play
26. Nxg7 ?? A miscalculation...26...Bxg7 27. Bh6 Ne6 28. Bxg7 h5 ! Probably Sumant missed this in between move. Sumant probably thought that he can win two pawns after 28... Nxg7 29. Qc8+ Ne8 30. Qxe8+ Kg7 31. Qxe5+
29. Qxh5 Nxg7 30. Qxe5 Qxa2 Sumant two extra pawn is no match against black's extra knight .
31. h4 Qxb2 32. h5 Qc1+ 33. Kh2 Ne6 34. Qb8+ Kh7 35. Qe8 Qf4+ 36. Kg1 c5 37. Qe7 Kg7 38. Qe8 Qc1+ 39. Kh2 Qg5 40. g4 Qh4+ 0-1 White resign.
I will analysed some of the games later.
The good news is the results for both section is availble at chess-results.com. Kudos to the arbiter - Najib Wahab.
Click here for men section and here for the women section.
Some details about the tournament.
Organizer : Malaysia Chess Federation (MCF)
Tournament director : Gregory Lau
Chief-Arbiter Ibrahim Yaacob
Arbiter Najib Wahab
Ok, below is an intereting photo of one of the player who was playing in round 1 last night. As many knows, Justin Bieber has touch down here for his concert in Stadium Merdeka last Thursday. You can noticed that the player in this photo below is a die hard fan of Justin Bieber. Who is she?
There a prize for the first person who guess it right. - A copy of a Chess Life Magazine. Quick!
The photos of round 1
|IM Lim Yee Weng vs IM Mok Tze Meng and IM Mashafizul vs NM Kamal Ariffin|
|WFM Najiha Azman (left) vs WCM Nur Nabila Azman|
|Sarika Subramaniam (left) vs Tang Khar Khei|
|NWM Tan Li Ting vs NWM Fong Mi Yen (right)|