(22nd December 2009)
1. IM Lian Ann Tan (2238) vs FM Tze-Meng Mok (2389) : 0-1
2. Chan Mun Fye vs Kumar Sri Shiva 0 : 0.5-0.5
3. Dato' Tan Chin Nam vs Parimanan Paul : 0-1
4. Choo Min Wang vs Lim Zhao Ren : 0-1
The experience team try hard to avoid losing badly against X- factor. Their first board, the experienced Singaporean IM Tan Lian An play an excellent game against IM elect Mok Tze Meng. The 62 years old and six time Singapore National Champion was in total control but unfortunately he made a single but desicive mistake in the final phase of the game due to time trouble. I think Mok was rather fortunate to win the game. In other board, Can Mun Fye manage to save a (half) point for the veterans when he draw against Sri Shiva in board 2.
White to move
A lucky escape for Mok Tze Meng.
1. NM Kamalarifin Wahiduddin (2119) vs IM Lim Yee-Weng (2336) : 0-1
2. Rizal Ahmad Kamal (1995) vs Udani Ian (2279) : 0-1
3. Izz Saifuddin (1971) vs NM Lee Kim Han Edward (2114) : 1-0
4. Zaidan Zulkipli (2007) vs Che Hassan Abdullah (2109) : 0-1
Nusa’s add two new player - Izz Saifuddin and Zaidan Zulkipli to strengthen the team. Izz played a good game on board 3 against NM Edward Lee. He maintain the initiative trough out the game. Edward blunder an exchange in the middle game and had to resign about ten moves later. Nusa's 4th board - Zaidan Zulkipli is having a semester break from his medicine study in Galway, Ireland. Caviaga won on board 1,2 and 4 but Nusa's team is quite happy to get a single point thanks to Izz surprise but highly deserved victory against NM Edward Lee.
Izz Saifuddin( 1999) - NM Edward Lee (2111)
2nd DATCC League, Round 7, 22.12.09
28... Ra8 is nesscary 29. Bc5 Qf6 30. Bxf8 Bxf8 31. Qxa5 Bh6 32. Qc3 stronger is 32. Qxc7 ! 32... Qb6+ 33. Kh1 Be3 34. Re1 Bd4 35. Qb3 Qc5? 35... Bg4 had to be played if black want to prolong the game 36. d6+ Kg7 37. d7 1-0 black resign because he has to surrender his e2 bishop to stop white d-pawn from queening
1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 g6 3. Nc3 Bg7 4. Nf3 O-O 5. Bf4 d6 6. e3 Nc6 7. Be2 Bf5 8. O-O Ne4 9. Nxe4 Bxe4 10. Nd2 Bf5 11. e4 Bc8 12. d5 e5 13. Be3 Nd4 14. b4 f5 15. f3 a5 16. bxa5 Nxe2+ 17. Qxe2 Rxa5 18. c5 fxe4 19. fxe4 Rxf1+ 20. Qxf1 dxc5 21. Nb3 Ra8 22. Bxc5 b6 23. Be3 Ba6 24. Qc1 Bd3 25. Nd2 Qd6 26. a4 Rf8?! black should not abandond white a4-15 threat. 26... Qb4 is more active 27. Qc3 Be2 28. a5 bxa5 ?
Abdullah (right) prefer to drink Coke to stop water retention in his body system while Zaidan (left) prefer a more healthy one - eating banana. In the end, the Coke prevail :)
1. FM Ooi Chern Ee (2357) vs Kamaluddin Yusof (2177) : 1-0
2. Ibrahim Mohd Irman (2155) vs Sahir Sarifdin : 0.5-0.5
3. Soon Wai Cheong (2057) vs Salleh Akmal : 1-0
4. Tan Ken Wei vs Ahayat Izuddin : 1-0
1. Thian Loon Ong vs Jun Feng Tan (1801) : 1-0
2. Cheok Fung Cheah (1994) vs Haslindah Ruslan (1705) : 1-0
3. Frankie Lee vs Yat Guo Jie : 0.5-0.5
4. Yaw Chong Chew (2009) vs Justin Ong (2018) : 0-1
1. Zulkifli Muhd Syazwan (1944) vs Nor Ilhamuddin Shaik Ali (2044) : 0.5-0.5
2. Lee Boon Why vs Abdul Aziz Abdul Shukor (2012) : 0.5-0.5
3. Chin Kenneth Luoong Wee vs Prabha Rajendran : 0-1
4. Mohamad Radzi Ahmad Firdaus vs Tan Chee Hock : 1-0