Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Alexandra Kosteniuk secret of succes !

Alexandra Kosteniuk (photo right with her husband - Diego Garces) enjoyed a very succesful year by winning the 2008 World Chess Championship in Nalchik and the recent World Mind Games (Blitz) in China. Below are excerpt from her recent interview by Jerry Hanken which tell about the secret of her succes...


"....Then this year, I started training since February at home in Miami, running each morning 5 kilometers, participating in races, and studying chess like never before ..."




"...I have often met with Kramnik while in Paris, he is a very nice person, and I hope he will win his next match against Anand next month. Kramnik (photo left) was one of the first people to call me on the phone after I won the world championship title.... Diego (Kosteniuk husband) ...would you like to comment about this?-hairulov :) ..."





"...I also like to do many kinds of sports, like playing tennis, skiing, bicycling. I like to go to the movies, I read a lot. Life is so short and there are so many things to do, I usually accept new challenges, I like to do things I've never done before. Of course that's when I have time over after the 6+ hours of chess I train each day..."

No comments: