Monday, September 03, 2007

World Chess Championship 2007 - Mexico


The World Chess Championship 2007 will take place in Mexico City from 12 - 30 September 2007. Eight players Vishwanathan Anand (India), Vladimir Kramnik, Alexander Morozevich, Peter Svidler, Alexander Grischuk (Russia), Peter Leko (Hungary), Levon Aronian (Armenia) and Boris Gelfand (Israel) are qualified for the a double round robin tournament.

I will follow the game closely trough the Internet Chess Club (ICC) live broadcast and hopefully I could make some “coverage” for this tournament. I will root for Anand to win this championship. I also expect Aronian the dark horse will create surprises whereas the giant killer Morozevich should add some spice to the tournament by defeating the top seed. Kramnik and Leko will not be my choice because their dull style of play.

No comments: