Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Richard Kimbin played in Italy !

Richard Kimbin playing at the 6th International Open, Bergamo Italy
photo from midaschess.blogspot.com

In my previous article here i wrote about my old friend Richard Kimbin. Recently, Ching - i believe Ching Kim Lee from GILACHESS (thanks Ching!) provided me with interesting info that Richard have play in The 6th International Open in Bergamo, Italy held on July 2007.

A blogger Dario Mione, alias Mida from Italy wrote an interesting article about Richard in his blog. Here are part of the article...
....."in this group a chess lover from Borneo, Malaysia, is playing: his name is Richard Kimbin, he is 32 years old (he was born in 1975, like me :-) ) and he hasn't played chess for ten years. He told me he will be living in Bergamo until September 2008 (he works in Terno d'Isola, not far from the town) and we have played some friendly blitz games (we got in touch after he read this blog): he still has a very good chess vision, if you consider that he hasn't been playing for a long time, and I'm sure he will become a really strong player if he studies a bit of theory. So, be careful when you play with him! And... good luck, Richard! Remember I'm waiting for an article about chess in Malaysia (or whatever you want)!"...
You can read it full here

1 comment:

Muhammad Arshad said...

Richard kimbin once played in MSSM
and if I not mistaken he also played in Malay open long long time ago, may asked him.md arshad