Monday, June 28, 2010

Working at the 2010 National Championship

It's a nice experienced to have the opportunity to work as the webmaster with Malaysian top and pioneer chess blogger - Andrew Ooi the gilachess  at the recently concluded -  2010 National Chess Championship . I even planned about a month earlier to take  a  three day off to concentrate with the job.

What I like the most working with Andrew is he is an expert in technical computer stuff whereas I was born with 'ten thumbs' in that field. I observe that Andrew masterly 'dribble' the computer with his shortcuts, programming, html editing , video streaming skills etc etc  like Lionel Messi dribble the ball in the soccer field.

From left: Yours truly, Najib Wahab and Andrew Ooi.

With Andrew help, I try my best to concentrate on annotating games and some beautiful position from the tournaments. I also post the daily photo report and add some caption on it.

The organizer - Abdul Haq Mohamed (Tournament Director), Abdul Najib Wahab (Chief arbiter), NWM Khairunnisa Wahiduddin and Duratul Ain Yahya (Arbiters) also help us much by providing results and score sheet to us.

All in all, it's a nice experience for me to be involved in this tournament.

No comments: