Sunday, April 04, 2010

Abdul Salam Maamur win Klang Parade!

4th April 2010 - There`s three rapid tournaments held  at different places today. The Klang Parade Rapid , KL Rapid Grand Prix and Segamat Open. However the most interesting results that caught my attention is the Klang Parade Rapid because we have a winner name - Abdul Salam Ma`amur !

What so special about this guys ? I bet young players will not recognize his name but actually Salam is a prominent  chess players in local chess tournaments during the 90`s. He has also play with my team - Nusa Mahkota Chess Club in Merdeka Team events before.  However, he somehow `disappeared ` from local chess scene in early 2000 although he did play and show up occasionally. I think many friends believe  he has retired from tournament play. Today`s news however was a shocker for me because  after years of hibernation,  Salam suddenly appeared and  win the Klang Parade tournament leaving behind players like Lim Zhou Ren (3rd place) Mohd Faisal Zakaria, Sahir Sarifdin etc.

Unfortunately i didn`t have Salam photo but if you want to know a little bit about this player , you can click at 365Chess.com  ( UPDATE - you can watch a photo of Salam at Stonemaster.Info here)

Thanks to my friend - Mohd Saprin Sabri who sms me the news and to International Arbiter (IA) Abdul Hamid Majid -  the arbiter in charge who confirm me about  the news. (correction - the arbiter in charge for 2010 Klang Parade Championship is - Mr. Mohd Fadli Zakaria) 

No comments: