The prize for this tournament is :- 1st - RM 300, 2nd - RM 200 and 3rd - RM 100. The prize is sponsored by a generous chess lover.
Round 3 of the Nf6 Invitational FIDE rated tournament was held on 11th March 2010. The round start at 7 PM at the Dato Arthur Tan Chess Centre, Kuala Lumpur. Four game was held as scheduled but one game (Najib - Shamshol) was postponed to later date. Three game ended in black favour!
The title of this post is a tribute to a famous Hungarian chess GM and book writer - GM Andras Adorjan. He write a famous chess book in 1989 title - Black is Ok! The succes of the book encourage him to write more about it and he continue with Black is OK : In Rare Openings (1998), Black is Still OK (2004) and Black is OK Forever! (2005). This is an article written by Adorjan about Black is Ok, click here
Round 3 Results
1. NM Yeoh Chin Seng (2177) vs Kamaluddin Yusof (2166) 0-1
2. Mohd Saprin Sabri (2141) vs Yeoh Li Tian (1971) 1/2 - 1/2
3. Razali Hamzah (1675) vs NM Kamal Ariffin (2119) 0-1
4. Abdul Aziz Shukor (2012) vs Abdul Haq 0-1
5. Najib Wahab vs Shamshol Bahrin - postponed